New Visage is excited to introduce Selphyl PRP! This new technique stimulates new collagen, promotes elasticity, and helps to retexture skin. With any new procedure, product, laser, injectable, or other skin care development, there are questions that need to be answered. We are going to introduce you to what Selphyl PRP is, what it can help with, who is best suited for utilizing Selphyl PRP, and other common questions.
What is Selphyl PRP and what does Selphyl PRP do?
Selphyl PRP is the most advanced Stem Cell and plasma facial available. This treatment utilized platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to improve facial contours and volume. Platelets have a reputation of being able to stimulate repair and regeneration of collagen in your skin. Selphyl PRP has many benefits and can help a plethora of different skin problems, specifically works to reverse wrinkles and other signs of aging. Selphyl is a unique solution to fight aging, as it promotes a more youthful and bright look without changing the shape of your face, which fillers can often do. In addition to its anti-aging properties, Selphyl also helps fade scars, even out skin tone, eliminate dark circles, promote hand rejuvenation and even stimulate hair regrowth.
How does Selphyl PRP work?
Selphyl PRP has different application methods. It can be used after microneedling or laser treatment as a topical or have injected into areas in need of a little more attention. During your visit, a small sample of blood will be drawn into a tube. This tube will then be spun in a centrifuge to separate the blood cells from the platelets and plasma. The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is the liquid gold on the top that is separated to use on the skin. This practice is extremely simple and brief – often taking just about 30 minutes.
Other Common Questions
- How long do the results of the treatment last?
- Typically the production of new collagen means results last for anywhere from 18 months to 2 years.
- What areas can one treat with the PRP facial?
- Most areas on the body can be treated with Selphyl, but the most popular areas tend to include face, eyes, neck, chest, and hands. This can be used to stimulate collagen and make you look younger.
- What side effects exist with Selphyl?
- With an injectable procedure, some clients may experience some mild and temporary irritation, swelling, bruising, itching, discoloration or tenderness at or around the injection site, but other than that no reported side effects are associated with Selphyl. Since the topical or injectable is coming from your own body, there is minimal risk associated with the product itself.
Dubbed the “Vampire Facelift”, Selphyl PRP may sound intimidating or even unconventional at first, but our own blood and platelets actually have many benefits. Join our clients who are seeing impressive results from using this new treatment and book an appointment today. To schedule a service, give us a call at 252-808-2639. New Visage is proud to offer the most advanced technology and techniques in skincare to residents in Eastern North Carolina!