Chemical Peels in Morehead City, NC
Chemical peels are a highly effective way to exfoliate the skin and revive a dull, tired complexion. At New Visage, we will help you choose the right peel to address your specific concerns and give you the results you desire. Our convenient Morehead City office serves residents of Jacksonville and nearby areas in North Carolina.
As the largest organ of the body, our skin takes a beating. Sun damage and exposure to the elements, not to mention the natural progression of the aging process, give way to sagging skin and the formation of facial wrinkles and other visible concerns. Some patients require full skin rejuvenation to correct some of those issues and produce a healthier, more vibrant complexion. New Visage offers chemical peels as one option for a full skin rejuvenation treatment.
WHAT ARE CHEMICAL PEELS?
Chemical peels are exfoliating treatments that reduce outer skin layers, leaving softer, smoother skin behind. Treatment is performed using a chemical solution customized to your unique skin type and the concerns you want to address during your procedure. At New Visage, we offer a variety of formulations and strengths in chemical peels that allow us to tailor your treatment to your specific needs.
WHAT DO THEY TREAT?
In addition to acting as a general exfoliation treatment, a chemical peel can also treat the following skin concerns:
- Uneven skin texture and tone
- Hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Fine lines and facial creases
- Shallow acne scarring
- Enlarged pores
- Sun damage and photo aging
- Acne and rosacea
OPTIONS IN CHEMICAL PEELS
At New Visage, we offer the following options in chemical peels:
- SKINCEUTICALS® MICROPEEL – The SkinCeuticals® Mircopeel is a multi-step process that helps the skin’s appearance in many ways. The Micropeel decongests and reduces pore size, lightens dark spots, and lessens fine lines and wrinkles. On top of this, it has significant long-term merits, such as reduction in sebum production, acne breakout control, and supports collagen levels for firmer skin. All of this is done with little to no discomfort.
SkinCeuticals® Micropeel: $125
With Dermalplaning: $150
- OBAGI® RADIANCE PEEL – The Obagi® RADIANCE Peel is designed to improve the texture and tone of your skin, giving you a radiant, healthy glow in just minutes. This light salicylic based formula is ideal for most skin types, including darker skin or those with uneven skin tone, and treats a wide range of skin conditions, including sun damage, wrinkles, and fine lines, improving the skin’s overall tone and texture. The Obagi® RADIANCE Peel provides mild exfoliation with little to no downtime. We recommend a series of four to six peels for optimal results, depending on your individual goals and skin condition. $100
- VI PEEL® – The VI Peel® contains an interdependent blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. You may expect outstanding results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation, and very little downtime. VI Peel® may provide results for all skin types and improves clarity, tone, and texture of the skin. At the same time, it creates more youthful-looking skin by reducing wrinkles and the appearance of age spots. The peel works perfectly with our other aesthetic procedures, such as lasers, injectables, dermal fillers, and other treatments. VI Peel® $250, with Precision Booster $300
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE?
Chemical peels vary in treatment times, and are based on the depth of the peel used. Lighter peels can be performed in less than one hour, while deeper peels may take one to two hours to complete. After the skin is cleansed, the peel solution is applied to the skin and left on for a prescribed amount of time. A neutralizing agent may be applied before the peel is removed. Patients may return to regular activities right away after a light peel, although deeper peels may require a recovery period of up to one week.
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
After a light peel, you will notice visibly smoother and refreshed skin right away. The skin may turn slightly pink after treatment, but this will subside within a few hours. Deeper peels will cause the skin to flake and peel for a few days before the final results are evident. Special skin care products will likely be recommended to promote healing and enhance the final results. Lighter peels will need to be repeated more frequently to maintain desired results, while deeper peels may only need to be performed every year or two.
Residents of Morehead City, Jacksonville, and adjoining North Carolina communities are seeing amazing results from our assortment of chemical peels designed to treat a variety of skin conditions. To learn more, contact New Visage at 252-419-3181.