Dermal Fillers and Injectables in Morehead City, NC
Dermal fillers have gained widespread popularity among those who want to increase volume, fullness, firmness, and smoothness in their skin without undergoing abrasive procedures. At New Visage, we provide an array of dermal filler treatments to our North Carolina clients in the Morehead City and Jacksonville area.
Signs of aging can begin to appear on the face long before you start feeling older. Fine lines and deeper creases make an appearance as early as the 30s, while loss of facial volume in areas like the cheeks and jawline may begin to show up a decade or two later. Loss of collagen and elastin are the primary culprits of these changes, as the body naturally begins producing less of these substances over time. Injectable treatments can restore some of your youthful vitality and fullness while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles.
WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that work underneath the surface of the skin to support the underlying skin structure, smooth away wrinkles and restore lost volume. Some of the treatments are also effective in stimulating the body’s own collagen production to provide long-lasting, natural results. At New Visage, we offer a variety of options in dermal fillers that allow us to adapt your treatment to your specific needs and desired outcome.
WHAT DO THEY TREAT?
Dermal fillers can be used to address the following areas of concern:
- Lines extending from the nose to the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Small vertical lines in the corners of the mouth (smile lines)
- Creases that extend from the mouth to the jawline (marionette lines)
- Small, undefined lips
- Cheeks that have lost their fullness and definition
- Hollow areas under the eyes that give a tiresome appearance
Dermal fillers can also be used in combination with Botox® to minimize lines, restore facial volume and even firm up loose skin in a procedure known as a “liquid facelift.” This procedure is usually recommended for patients with early to moderate signs of aging that are looking for a way to avoid or postpone surgical procedures.
OPTIONS IN DERMAL FILLERS
New Visage offers the following options in dermal fillers:
- BOTOX® – Botox® is a popular neuromodulator containing botulinum toxin, which temporarily relaxes muscles to reduce and prevent wrinkles and lines caused by repetitive facial expressions.
- DYSPORT® – Dysport® contains the same active ingredient as Botox®, but some studies suggest this formulation may work slightly quicker and last longer than Botox® injections. It may also spread more during injections, which makes it a good choice for larger treatment areas like the forehead.
- XEOMIN® – Like Dysport®, Xeomin® contains the same active ingredient as Botox®, but some studies suggest this formulation may work slightly quicker and last longer than Botox® injections. It may also spread more during injections, which makes it a good choice for larger treatment areas like the forehead.
- KYBELLA® – Kybella® is a revolutionary new specialized treatment that non-surgically reduces the appearance of submental fat, commonly known as a double chin.
- JUVÉDERM® – Juvéderm® is a smooth gel that offers a natural look and feel for up to six months or longer. Juvéderm® boasts an effectively high concentration of hyaluronic acid and a special formulation process that creates long-lasting results. The smooth gel flows easily into the skin, helping to create a smooth, natural appearance.
- BELOTERO® – Belotero® is a unique injectable treatment that contains hyaluronic acid to enhance and improve skin volume and more youthfully define your facial contours. Belotero® is often the formulation of choice for those who want to add fullness and volume to the facial region for smooth, natural-looking results.
- RADIESSE® – Radiesse® is a safe, next-generation filler that volumizes at the same time it effectively fills in lines and wrinkles. This dermal filler is setting a new standard in wrinkle correction for the right patients. Radiesse® produces natural-looking improvements that may last up to a year or longer.
- SCULPTRA® – Sculptra® is a new dermal filler formulated with poly-L-lactic acid, a substance that triggers and increases production of collagen. Sculptra® is used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles in the face caused by insufficient collagen production. Sculptra® Aesthetic is different because it gradually and subtly corrects these facial wrinkles for a more youthful appearance that can last up to two years.
- RESTYLANE® – Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid filler that can smooth away even stubborn facial creases around the nose and mouth. This smooth solution adds volume underneath the skin’s surface to reduce the appearance of smile lines, nasolabial folds and other signs of aging. Results typically last nine to 12 months before a touch-up procedure is needed.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE?
Dermal fillers are administered by injection using a very fine needle placed just under the surface of the skin. Some formulations may need to be injected deeper, but these typically feature a topical anesthetic in the mix to make the procedure more comfortable. Most treatments take just a few minutes to complete and patients can return to regular activities immediately following the procedure. Some patients may experience mild swelling or lumpiness at the injection sites, which will usually subside within a day or two.
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
Results will depend on the type of dermal filler used. Some formulations, like Juvéderm®, tend to show results right away, while others, like Sculptra®, tend to evolve over time. Duration of results will also vary, from around six months for Juvéderm® injections to two years or more with Sculptra®.
Our team of skin care specialists at New Visage will be happy to recommend the best dermal fillers to help you treat specific concerns and achieve your desired results. To learn more about the dermal fillers we provide, contact New Visage, serving Morehead City and Jacksonville area residents in North Carolina, at 252-808-2NEW (2639).